|Department of Mathematics and Computer Science @ North Carolina Central University
Last update: May 2, 2013
Dr. Kim joined to the Department of Mathematics and Computer Science at North Carolina Central University, Durham, NC, USA in August 2010. He received Ph.D. degree in Computer Science from the University of Texas at Dallas, Richardson, TX, USA in May 2010 under the supervisions of Dr. Ding-Zhu Du and Dr. Weili Wu. He received M.S. degree in Computer Science and Engineering from Hanyang University, South Korea in Feb. 2005 under the supervision of Dr. Heekuck Oh and B.S. degree in Electronic and Computer Engineering from Hanyang University, Ansan, South Korea in Feb. 2003.
His research interests include
- algorithm; approximation algorithm design and analysis, combinatroic optimization,
- networking; wireless networks, sensor networks, adhoc networks, cognitive radio networks, smart grid communication,
- mobile computing; data mule (ferry) and mobile node (drone) trajectory control,
- data management; social networking, big data, and
- security; network security, applied cryptograph, and cyber security.
Most of the undergraduate and graduate students who worked with him received job/intership offers from the best companies such as IBM, Cisco, NetApp, SAS, and NVIDIA.
- I supervise undergraduate students for their senior seminar research and publications. Please contact me if you are intersetd in.
- Financial support available for qualified post-doc and graduate students.
- Excellence in Research Award - College of Art and Science, North Carolina Central University, April 30, 2013.
- NSF Student Travel Grant - The 29th IEEE Conference on Computer Communications (IEEE INFOCOM 2010), San Diego, CA, March 15-19, 2010. (US$1150, competition ratio: 16/91 = 17.582%)
- Best Paper Award - International Conference on Wireless Algorithm, Systems and Application (WASA07), Chicago, IL, USA, August 3, 2007.
- The Jonsson Distinguished Graduate Research Fellowship (A.K.A. Jonsson School Distingushed Assistantship) - The University of Texas at Dallas, Sep. 2006-Aug. 2008 (Full Tuition & Fee Waiver + US$2,100/month Stipend)
- Member of IEEE, IEEE COMSOC, and ACM
- Panelist of NSF CISE CNS (NeTS, 2013)
- Technical Program Committee (TPC) member of GLOBECOM 2013 (SAS), GLOBECOM 2013 (CRNS), GLOBECOM 2013 (WNS), ICCCN 2013 (CCHN), ICUIMC 2013, ISSPIT 2012, MIMOCR 2012, IWSN 2012, CACS 2011, COCOA 2011, COCOON 2011, CACS 2010
- Organizing chair of COCOA 2010, ISAAC 2009, COCOA 2009, WASA 2008
- Session chair of COCOA 2010
- Conference referee of COCOON 2013, INFOCOM 2013, ISIEA 2012, ICUIMC 2012, INFOCOM 2012, ICUIMC 2011, INFOCOM 2011, IPCCC 2010, COCOA 2010, ACC 2010, ISAAC 2009, MASS 2009, WASA 2008
- Journal referee of ADHOC, AHSWN, Algorithmica, CL, COMNET, DMAA, ETT, IJAHUC, IJDSN, IJSNET, JCN, JCP, JISE, JOCO, JOTA, JSAC, KAIS, OPTL, TIFS, TC, TCS, TMC, TON, TPDS, TSG, TVT, TWC, WCM, WINET
|Representative Publications [full list] [projects]
- Donghyun Kim, R.N. Uma, Baraki H. Abay, Weili Wu, Wei Wang, and Alade O. Tokuta, "Minimum Latency Multiple Data MULE Trajectory Planning in Wireless Sensor Networks," to appear in IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computing (TMC), 2013. [PDF] (Its preliminary version has appeared in INFOCOM 2012)
- Wei Wang, Donghyun Kim, Min Kyung An, Wei Gao, Xianyue Li, Zhao Zhang, and Weili Wu, "On Construction of Quality Fault-Tolerant Virtual Backbone in Wireless Networks," to appear in IEEE/ACM Transactions on Networking (TON), 2013. [PDF] (Its preliminary version has appeared in INFOCOM 2010)
- Donghyun Kim, Wei Wang, Nassim Sohaee, Changcun Ma, Weili Wu, Wonjun Lee, and Ding-Zhu Du, "Minimum Data Latency Bound k-Sinks Placement Problem in Wireless Sensor Networks,"IEEE/ACM Transactions on Networking (TON), vol. 19, issue 5, pp. 1344-1353, October 2011. [PDF]
- Donghyun Kim, Zhao Zhang, Xianyue Li, Wei Wang, Weili Wu, and Ding-Zhu Du, "A Better Approximation Algorithm For
Computing Connected Dominating Sets in Unit Ball Graphs," IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computing (TMC), vol. 9, no. 8, pp. 1108-1118, August 2010. [PDF]
- Donghyun Kim, Yiwei Wu, Yingshu Li, Feng Zou, and Ding-Zhu Du, "Constructing Minimum Connected Dominating Sets with Bounded Diameters in Wireless Networks," IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems (TPDS), vol. 20, no. 2, pp. 147-157, February 2009. [PDF] (Its preliminary version has appeared in WASA 2007)