|Department of Mathematics and Physics @ North Carolina Central University||
Last update: Nov. 25, 2013
- Recent Updates -
Dr. Kim joined to the Department of Mathematics and Physics at North Carolina Central University, Durham, NC, USA in August 2010. He received Ph.D. degree in computer science from the University of Texas at Dallas, Richardson, TX, USA in May 2010 under the supervisions of Dr. Ding-Zhu Du and Dr. Weili Wu. He received M.S. degree in computer science and engineering from Hanyang University, South Korea in Feb. 2005 under the supervision of Dr. Heekuck Oh and B.S. degree in electronic and computer engineering from Hanyang University, Ansan, South Korea in Feb. 2003.
His research interests include algorithm design/analysis/optimizations in various areas including wireless (sensor/adhoc/cognitive radio) networks, mobile computing, cyber physical systems, big data analysis (social networking), and (network/applied/cyber) security.
Financial support is available for M.S. students for Fall 2014.
|Research Grant Activities|
- Investigator, NCCU CCFASE (US NSF CREST Grant #HRD-0833184, PI: Branislav Vlahovic, $5.7M), July 2010-Sep 2013.
- R.N. Uma, Donghyun Kim, and Alade Tokuta, OpenFlow for Collaborative Networking (5 Pronto 3290 switches from GENI by NSF, $15,000 in total), February 2011. [CFP] [Press]
|Professional Activities [complete list]|
- Member of IEEE (COMSOC), and ACM
- Panelist of NSF CISE CNS (NeTS, 2013)
- TPC member of WMCC 2014, INTERNET 2014, WASA 2014, GLOBECOM 2014, CSoNet 2014, MSN 2014, RAWNET 2014, ICCCN 2014, IMCOM 2014, ICCVE 2013, IPCCC 2013, GLOBECOM 2013, ICCCN 2013, ICUIMC 2013, ISSPIT 2012, MIMOCR 2012, IWSN 2012, CACS 2011, COCOA 2011, COCOON 2011, CACS 2010
- Organizing chair of COCOA 2010, ISAAC 2009, COCOA 2009, WASA 2008
- Session chair of ICCCN 2013 (SEP), COCOA 2010
- Conference referee of APWiMob 2014, VTC2014-Spring, INFOCOM 2014, COCOON 2013, INFOCOM 2013, ISIEA 2012, ICUIMC 2012, INFOCOM 2012, ICUIMC 2011, INFOCOM 2011, IPCCC 2010, COCOA 2010, ACC 2010, ISAAC 2009, MASS 2009, WASA 2008
- Journal referee of ADHOC, AHSWN, Algorithmica, CL, COMNET, DMAA, ETT, IJAHUC, IJDSN, IJSNET, JCN, JCP, JISE, JOCO, JOTA, JSAC, KAIS, OPTL, TIFS, TC, TCS, TKDE, TMC, TON, TPDS, TSG, TVT, TWC, WCM, WINET
|Representative Publications [complete list]|
- Lirong Xue, Donghyun Kim, Yuqing Zhu, Deying Li, Wei Wang, and Alade O. Tokuta, "Multiple Heterogeneous Data Ferry Trajectory Planning in Wireless Sensor Networks," Proceedings of the 33rd IEEE International Conference on Computer Communications (INFOCOM 2014), April 27, 2014 - May 2, 2014, Toronto, Canada. [PDF] (accept rate: 320/1645 = 19.4%)
- Donghyun Kim, R.N. Uma, Baraki H. Abay, Weili Wu, Wei Wang, and Alade O. Tokuta, "Minimum Latency Multiple Data MULE Trajectory Planning in Wireless Sensor Networks," to appear in IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computing (TMC). [PDF]
- Wei Wang, Donghyun Kim, Min Kyung An, Wei Gao, Xianyue Li, Zhao Zhang, and Weili Wu, "On Construction of Quality Fault-Tolerant Virtual Backbone in Wireless Networks," IEEE/ACM Transactions on Networking (TON), vol. 21, issue 5, pp. 1499-1510, October 2013. [PDF]
- Donghyun Kim, Baraki H. Abay, R.N. Uma, Weili Wu, Wei Wang, and Alade O. Tokuta, "Minimizing Data Collection Latency in Wireless Sensor Network with Multiple Mobile Elements," Proceedings of the 31st IEEE International Conference on Computer Communications (INFOCOM 2012), pp. 504-512, March 2012, Orlando, FL, USA. [PDF] (accept rate: 278/1547 = 17.97%)
- Donghyun Kim, Wei Wang, Nassim Sohaee, Changcun Ma, Weili Wu, Wonjun Lee, and Ding-Zhu Du, "Minimum Data Latency Bound k-Sinks Placement Problem in Wireless Sensor Networks," IEEE/ACM Transactions on Networking (TON), vol. 19, issue 5, pp. 1344-1353, October 2011. [PDF]
- Donghyun Kim, Zhao Zhang, Xianyue Li, Wei Wang, Weili Wu, and Ding-Zhu Du, "A Better Approximation Algorithm For Computing Connected Dominating Sets in Unit Ball Graphs," IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computing (TMC), vol. 9, no. 8, pp. 1108-1118, August 2010. [PDF]
- Donghyun Kim, Wei Wang, Xianyue Li, Zhao Zhang, and Weili Wu, "A New Constant Factor Approximation for Computing 3-Connected m-Dominating Sets in Homogeneous Wireless Networks," Proceedings of the 29th IEEE Conference on Computer Communications (INFOCOM 2010), March 2010. [PDF] (accept rate: 276/1575 = 17.52%)
- Donghyun Kim, Yiwei Wu, Yingshu Li, Feng Zou, and Ding-Zhu Du, "Constructing Minimum Connected Dominating Sets with Bounded Diameters in Wireless Networks," IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems (TPDS), vol. 20, no. 2, pp. 147-157, February 2009. [PDF]