|Department of Mathematics and Physics @ North Carolina Central University||
Last update: November 11, 2015
Dr. Kim joined to the Department of Mathematics and Computer Science (now it becomes Department of Mathematics and Physics) at North Carolina Central University, Durham, NC, USA in August 2010. He received Ph.D. degree in computer science from the University of Texas at Dallas, Richardson, TX, USA in May 2010 under the supervisions of Dr. Ding-Zhu Du and Dr. Weili Wu. He received M.S. degree in computer science and engineering from Hanyang University, South Korea in Feb. 2005 under the supervision of Dr. Heekuck Oh and B.S. degree in electronic and computer engineering from Hanyang University, Ansan, South Korea in Feb. 2003. His research interests include (a) Security and Privacy, (b) Internet of Things (IoT) Cloud, Big Data, and Social Computing, (c) Mobile Computing, Robotics, and Cyber Physical Systems, (d) Wireless and Sensor Networking, and (e) Algorithm Design and Analysis.
|Recent News [old news]|
- November 11, 2015: Ms. Yesenia Velasco is admitted to the graduate program (M.S.) in Computer Science at Duke University, Durham.
- November 4, 2015: Dr. Kim's paper entitled "On Efficient Vaccine Distribution Strategy to Suppress Pandemic using Social Relation" is accepted by Discrete Mathematics, Algorithms and Applications (DMAA).
- October 24, 2015: Dr. Kim is invited to serve as a TPC member of The 2nd International Conference on Big Data Computing and Communication (BIGCOM 2016).
- October 19, 2015: Dr. Kim becomes a host of NSF Workshop on Microlabs in Computer Science. [Flyer]
|Professional Activities [complete list]|
- Senior Member of Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE)
- Member of IEEE Communication Society (COMSOC)
- Member of Association for Computing Machinery (ACM)
- Panelist of NSF-CISE-CNS-NeTS (2013)
- Associate Editor of Discrete Mathematics, Algorithms and Applications (DMAA)
- Guest Editor of IJDSN, Special Issue on BDKE16 [Call for Paper]
- TPC co-Chair of COCOON 2019, COCOA 2015
- Organizing Chair of BIGCOM 2016, NoF 2015, INISCom 2015, COCOA 2010, ISAAC 2009, COCOA 2009, WASA 2008
- TPC Member of CYBER 2016, DASFAA 2016, ICC 2016 (NGN, MWN), INFOCOM 2016, ICCVE 2015, ISM 2015, MSN 2015, INTERNET 2015, ICCEREC 2015, IOV 2015, SC 2015, IPCCC 2015, ICCC 2015 (NGN), BIGCOM 2015, GLOBECOM 2015 (ASN, CISS, SAS-BDN, SAS-GCC, WN), CSoNet 2015, MCV 2015, ICSNC 2015, ICCME 2015, WASA 2015, RAWNET 2015, ICCCN 2015, ICSS 2015, MIMOCR 2015, COCOON 2015, ICC 2015 (NGN, MWN), IOTMS 2014, CSoNet 2014 (3rd), IUCC 2014, ICCVE 2014, SC2 2014, IPCCC 2014, COCOON 2014, IOV 2014, MSN 2014, WMCC 2014, INTERNET 2014, WASA 2014, GLOBECOM 2014 (CRN, CISS, WN, SAS-GCSN, SAS-SSC), CSoNet 2014 (2nd), RAWNET 2014, ICCCN 2014, IMCOM 2014, ICCVE 2013, IPCCC 2013, GLOBECOM 2013 (CRN, WN, SAS-e-Health, SAS-SN), ICCCN 2013, ICUIMC 2013, ISSPIT 2012, MIMOCR 2012, IWSN 2012, CACS 2011, COCOA 2011, COCOON 2011, CACS 2010
- Conference Referee of SYMINTECH 2016, INTGAST 2015, APWiMob 2015, CyberC 2015, INFOCOM 2015, ICDCS 2014, APWiMob 2014, VTC2014-Spring, INFOCOM 2014, COCOON 2013, INFOCOM 2013, ISIEA 2012, ICUIMC 2012, INFOCOM 2012, ICUIMC 2011, INFOCOM 2011, IPCCC 2010, COCOA 2010, ACC 2010, ISAAC 2009, MASS 2009, WASA 2008
- Session Chair of MSN 2014, CSoNet 2014, ICCCN 2013 (SEP), COCOA 2010
- Journal Referee of ADHOC, AHSWN, Algorithmica, CL, COMNET, CSN, DMAA, ETT, IJAHUC, IJCS, IJDSN, IJSNET, JCN, JCP, JISE, JICCE, JOCO, JONS, JOTA, JSAC, KAIS, MTAP, OPTL, SCN, Sensors (MDPI), SENSORS (IEEE), SUPE, TDSC, TIFS, TC, TCS, TETC, TKDE, TMC, TON, TOSN, TPDS, TSG, TVT, TWC, WCL, WCM, WINE, WSS
- Ph.D. Thesis External Reviewer of Freie Universität Berlin, Germany (Mr. Mohammad Fal Sadikin, Fall 2015).